Banana Cinnamon Shortcake With Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
A delicious and hearty banana cinnamon shortcake recipe that's quick and perfect for Mother's Day and any other emergency occasions. Easy to follow and bake!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (medium)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- powdered sugar (for topping)
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 side of mango, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan or a brownie pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together - flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients - butter, egg, white sugar, mashed bananas, milk, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Stir just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy. If too lumpy, add more milk.
- Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. OPTION 1: sprinkle the top with granulated sugar BEFORE baking. OPTION 2: sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar AFTER the cake has been baked & cooled
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted at the center & comes out clean. If still moist, bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream scoop and fresh mangoes.
- Fruits can be brandied or dried, but fresh is the best choice
- Ice cream flavor can be varied